Paducah Trial Lawyer Takes on the Tough Cases in Kentucky and Tennessee
Choose a lawyer who has taken cases to trial and won
For more than 20 years, clients in Kentucky and Tennessee have relied on David Oakes to obtain compensation for harms and losses caused by the careless and reckless actions of others. I am proud that I have been able to achieve success in tough cases that other lawyers wouldn’t touch. Whether your case starts with a crash caused by an over the road truck driver, a drunk driver whose favorite bar didn’t know when to say when, or an injury on the navigable waters, I deliver effective advocacy in state and federal court. I know the law and I am not intimidated by complicated cases or powerful opponents. If you believe that your legal concern deserves high-level, tenacious representation, the Oakes Law Firm provides the support you deserve.
A persistent advocate who fights for you
Every person I advise at the Oakes Law Firm benefits from my decades of experience in litigation and trial. You can trust me with serious matters because I am:
- Skilled — My years of experience taking cases to trial allows me to attack wrongdoers effectively and helps defeat the dishonest defenses that insurance companies and large corporations routinely use.
- Strategic — After a thorough review of the facts in your case, I work to develop and put into action a plan to achieve the best outcome for your case.
- Responsive — I understand how stressful the uncertainty of a legal case can be, so I strive to answer clients’ questions promptly and clearly.
I provide a free initial consultation so you can learn how the law applies to your case before you make a decision to commence litigation.
Sometimes you need a lawyer who thinks outside the box
From my Paducah office, the Oakes Law Firm represents individuals and families across Kentucky and Tennessee in a wide range of legal conflicts, including:
- Over the Road Truck accidents — I have significant experience litigating cases arising from collisions with commercial trucks and understand the special rules and regulations that apply to those vehicles and drivers. A collision involving a tractor trailer rig should not be handled like an ordinary car wreck case.
- Maritime law — the Oakes Law Firm litigates maritime and admiralty disputes, including Jones Act and unseaworthiness claims, for river workers in western Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Wrongful death — For family members who have lost a loved one to someone else’s negligent or intentional actions, no amount of money can make you feel better about your loss. However, a wrongful death lawsuit can help you obtain relief for the financial loss you’ve suffered, including medical and funeral expenses and wages that your loved one would have earned. You may also have a claim for loss of the companionship and society of your loved one.
- Products liability — People have a right to trust that the products they buy are safe when used as intended. Defective products that make it to the marketplace can do serious damage to consumers. Even in products liability cases requiring highly technical evidence, I can build a strong argument on your behalf.
- Civil litigation — For other cases involving civil litigation, the Oakes Law Firm can deliver tireless advocacy designed to achieve your specific objectives.
- Family law — Our firm advices clients facing a divorce, custody matter or other type of family law issue by effectively enforcing their rights.
The Oakes Law Firm represents clients in Kentucky and Tennessee injury and death claims. Please call 270-908-2843 or contact me online for a free initial consultation.